Wednesday, November 12, 2008

oh my

I wrote this today at work, it's the first poem (?) I've written in years, I'm not even sure if it is a poem, it might be a song... anyways, I don't know if it's any good or not, so don't be too harsh with the criticism. 
Here goes:

Your fingertips graze my skin, leaving trails of fire behind. A smile plays at the corners of your mouth and my heart can't help but jump. You kiss my cheek and your ocean eyes sparkle with mystery and mischief. My breath gets caught in my throat, but you catch it and give it back to me, with a kiss like rain, which falls outside, the sun still shining. You are my sunshower.

We sit on my porch wrapped in an old blanket, looking at the stars. You say you hate the city and I couldn't agree more. You wrap your arms tighter around me, I try to breathe you in. We both look up at the sky and wish upon a star, my wish is to spend every night like this, you wink but won't tell me yours. You are my starry night.

We wake up slowly, stretch and yawn, the lazy sun peeks through the window. The birds chirp kind encouragement to the world to wake up. Your hair is a mess, I have sleep in my eyes. We snuggle back, in no rush to get out of bed. You kiss my nose, and I get up, still in your old shirt, to make you breakfast in bed. You are my sunday morning.





No comments: